1/21/13

DMCA rides again



Received a DMCA requirement to remove this single. Strange since it was released on a Do It Yourself label. Funny how corporates (don't even know who it is, not any source mentioned, I'd like to know how the fuck they could say this material was theirs) don't help young artists at the beginnings but they don't forget to make money from them when they are over. I'm sure doing more for helping the Only Ones to sell records that would ever do those asking me to remove the link (that I removed).  I don't have many illusions and know that soon this blog won't be able to post anything but while it's possible, let's go on. Note that this single was posted more than 18 months ago.

WTF! I didn't reup on rs the Only Ones singles discography after my mf was removed and nobody left a message to ask me for? But in what troubled world do I live? It's a shame. So here it is, they are all reup and dlable again. The first is this immortal gem but not any Only Ones song is less than to possess. Below what I wrote in the initial post (I don't read it again, I'm always horrified by the mediocrity of my poorly written texts so I spare me some pain for my low-self-esteem).

Here the first post about Peter Perrett, surely one of my fave composer/singer/human being on the music planet (almost the only planet that deserves to be lived on to my eyes). First I'll post the Only Ones singles in their chronological order, then most of what he did after the band broke. I don't think it's any use to make a presentation of the band. If you want to know more, there's plenty of sites (even wikipedia) to inform you. For us, in 1977, it was the only band able to maintain what we still loved in the seventies and what we had learned to love in punk and new wave. It was as if Dylan, Lou Reed, David Bowie, Marc Bolan and Ian Hunter had regenerated in a fragile elf backed with one of the strongest band of all times. It was anachronical in 1977 because it was untemporal. This first single was released on a label created for the occasion with a surrealistic (but punk) cover sleeve and featured two extraordinary songs. It's difficult to imagine the band was created some weeks before rather artificially by Peter Perrett with 3 musicians from various horizons (imagine that the drummer, Mike Kellie, had been in Spooky Tooth from 1967 to 1974, not a newcomer actually) and that they had never played together previously. Such an alchemy is usually more frequent in love stories than in rock music. Released in June 1977, I bought it immediately and was rather shocked that it wasn't more noticed by my pals. But soon they would be more, much more. Meanwhile, here's their first gift, one of the strongest thing (with the Saints) 1977 gave us. Enjoy it here. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a band member asked for it to be removed. Wouldn't be the first time.

john smith said...

I like your blog Secret Photography Techniques is there to improve photography techniques and Ipad Training Course to know how to use ipad.