2/8/13

Nikki Sudden & The Last Bandits - Live in Germany (2000)























Long I didn't post. Afraid I got less and less time (and envy).Tonight a live recording by Nikki Sudden, caught in 2000 in Germany (it seems this concert was captured on the 1st of July, at least that's what is written on the CD-R that someone gave me some years ago) backed with his regular band of the times, The Last Bandits. Hearing NS, it seems he was rather upset not to be paid for playing on that night. Don't know if this is the reason he doesn't seem very involved in the songs. Moreover the setlist is not full of gems. And the sometimes funky arrangements are not a brilliant idea. But it's always heart-shaking to listen to Nikki anyway. I'll post more from him in the future, and in particular will try to track his singles and EPs as I did for Dan Treacy (at least in the nineties). Enjoy this live set here. Of course I did the fake cover sleeve myself, not really a surprise. PS. No streaming, tilidom being "temporarily" unavailable (?).

5 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks a lot for this, just downloading it now.

By any chance do you have the live Jacobites record called Kiss of Life? Are you able to post it if so please? Would be much appreciated as I've got the vinyl but it skips in a few places, which is annoying as it's not an easy thing to find...

Thanks again!

dkelvin said...

No sorry I don't have this live Jacobites recording. Maybe someone has posted it somewhere on some blog.
dk

Anonymous said...

Ah well, thanks for getting back to me. Always good to hear another Sudden bootleg. There's a set he did on 25/12/2003 in Moscow that's probably my favourite one that I've heard so far if you ever come across it, definitely worth having a listen to.
Cheers,
Stuart

Wafa Ahmad said...

really great to view and read your site...
isongs.pk

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all great music on your blog....It´s gonna be allright is one of my alltime fave Nikki Sudden tracks...very good sound quality on this Live recording.
Cheers Danny.
SWEDEN.