4/19/17

Morrissey - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris 7" (2009)



A requested reup. I'm not in Morrissey these years but it's a fact this is a great song and a great period in his career. Since then, he didn't release anything I found of enough interest to buy or even listen more than once. Maybe he'll do it in the future but he (and I, since we have the same age) is becoming old and time is running away. Catch this gem (about the town I used to live) here.

When the time will come to vote for the best songs of the year, I hope nobody will forget this one by Morrissey, one of the most wonderfull he wrote since the Smiths disbanded. The metaphor is gorgeous and inspired. Similar to the old Smiths period, this is moving without being "niais" (sorry I did not find an English term for this word). I've not followed with much curiosity the career of Morrissey after Johnny Marr and him separated their ways, because it was hard to listen to his new material after such an achievement, but I was wrong and he composed some great tunes with superb lyrics even after. Only the stylish options often bothered me. But with Years of Refusal this year, something made it again for me. And the B-sides album Swords issued this month confirms that I'm still higly receptive to the songs and the voice of this man. This single, released at the beginning of the year, did not find the way to the top of the charts I thought it will find. It does not matter but it shows how the public taste got some dysgueusia these days. I must admit that the present 7" does not exist actually since it is the 2 CD version that contained both B-side tracks I post here, the single having a live version of the great Smiths "Death of the Disco Dancer".



I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris. In the absence of your love And in the absence of human touch I have decided I’m throwing my arms around Around Paris because only stone and steel accept my love In the absence of your smiling face I traveled all over the place and I have decided I’m throwing my arms around Around Paris because only stone and steel accept my love I’m throwing my arms around Around Paris because only stone and steel accept my love I’m throwing my arms around Paris because Nobody wants my love Nobody wants my love Nobody needs my love Nobody wants my love Yes you made yourself plain Yes you made yourself very plain

2 comments:

Ross Brown said...

Can you pls repost?

thedcscarletspeedster said...

Link is dead could you please restore the link?