9/3/14

Melanie - Under Covers fake LP (2002)



This is one fake LP I received much praise for. It's true all these covers, recorded for backing commercial ads stand proudly as an album. And with a cover... sleeve respecting the artist and the content, it could have been a welcome addition to her discography. Requested by a visitor yesterday, re-up today. Ask too if you want anything to be re-up quickly. Catch this LP here.

Here's a reup of this compilation of covers recorded by Melanie in 2002, but this time with a missing song, the Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" cover. Thanx to the nice Albgardis, the German Witch in Amerika (great definition of oneself), for the spontaneous gift. I ordered a Greatest Hits compilation on which this cover is but time (after time) is passing, and I don't see it coming so I put that one. I was expecting the CD to post it in 320kb and not 198 but it's not such a great difference I have to wait for it. Here below what I wrote in the initial post. I substituted the complete version for the previous one in the link at the end of the text. Melanie forever in our heart. PS.

This LP has a strange history. My English is not good enough to summarize this story here but briefly Melanie covered all these songs for a company providing Hit covers for TV ads (cheaper than the original versions). She did that the best she could, with her son and Peter Schekeryk, her husband-producer, so that she was proud of the result, but was quite surprised to see sometimes after a 14-track LP released under the title of Moments of my Life (with a picture takin from her Victims of the Moon LP that was a kind of pilot version of her new album Crazy Love). It was a bad idea since she was trying to promote her new original material album (Crazy Love) and this quite overshadowed her own work without giving her any royalties. Since then, 2 other versions of this album were released, the first called Beautiful Hits, with a lying picture of Melanie in her twenties (bastards) but with 19 songs instead of 14 (actually this is this album I post here under another sleeve and another title) and the next one, with the same title (Beautiful Hits), with 3 songs removed and "Time After Time" added, associated with 3 live songs recorded in 2007 (from the DVD concert released some months ago). I unfortunately was not able to get this extra track ("Time After Time") but as soon as I will get it, I'll post it. What could have been a complete disaster (some of these songs are for me awful tunes I would have liked not to hear again in my life, and more than that, were originally released with terrible arrangements) becomes an exciting experience and contains some wonderful moments (too many to cite). Melanie, as do great interprets, make these songs heirs and they all lost their time reference to rejoins her world (the way she makes her "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" is astonishing). I changed the title for this one with a dual meaning.


13 comments:

David Bruce-Casares said...

There are some excellent tracks on this collection. Thank you for sharing!

dk said...

Glad you like it. If I see Melanie raises interest among visitors, I'll post more of rare stuff since I got almost all she released in her life.

dk said...

Glad you like it. If I see Melanie raises interest among visitors, I'll post more of rare stuff since I got almost all she released in her life.

hh said...

thanx a lot for these fine Melanie posts, dk

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Hi, did you find the missing track (Time after time) in the mean time? I just realized that I don't have that either, and that is bothering me. Always thought I have everything, but I was wrong.

dkelvin said...

Yes, I found it, in Germany actually :-). I expect it in the next few days. I'll add it to this compilation and re-up at the top of the blog as soon as I'll get it. Keep your eyes open dear German Witch.
dk (French Demon)

nayoni roy said...

The is a song download site.It is the Best & Powerful site.(free songs to download,Hindi movie songs,free songs to download for free)
Song Bazar

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Ha, great to get the adjusted rear cover! And just now I am seeing my own comment from when I thought I didn't have the track...

Currently I am searching for the 4 unreleased Woodstock tracks. The other day I learned Melanie actually performed 7 (seven!) songs in Woodstock, but only 3 of them have been released.

Actually, only 2 have been released on the regular DOLP, the third one (Momma Momma) remained unreleased until 2009.

Now I am wondering, were all 7 songs actually recorded, or not?

Do you know anything about the missing 4 tracks? There are plenty of weird fan-made "Complete Woodstock" projects going on, but they all have only those 3 tracks that I am having myself.

Coley in San Francisco said...

To my huge disappointment, I'm getting a File Not Found error. Please, you didn't take this down, did you?

dkelvin said...

No but my rs acount was removed. I'll reup tonight on M
dk

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Coley in San Francisco said...

Glad to have it. Can't wait to give it a listen. Hey, a few years ago I picked up "Melanie - Live @ Borders", a bookstore in Florida. Do you have it? Do you want it?

musiclover said...

thank you very much for this album