1/21/10

Pussy - Plays LP (1969)



Don't ask me questions about this UK progressive psychedelic band (with a rather dull name I must say), I don't have any information about them except the ones, sparse, I found on various blogs these late years. All I know is that this album is a fascinating testimony of the creative peak of these years that seemed to allow all fantasies and experiments. I wrote about this LP in a series entitled "S'Heaven Tease" and published in a French Rock mag called Xroads. Pussy is in the last issue, published these days. Since it's not so easy to get it by now, I propose to listen to it here and taste if you like it as much as I do. It's not a masterpiece, but an excellent album with some wonderful moments such as this "Tragedy in F minor" (in streaming below), maybe borrowed to some classical tune but no matter since the arrangements make these short minutes a moment of rare beauty and emotion, perfectly fitted for the most depressives among us. You'll see that throughout the album, the influence of Syd Barrett is "pregnant", but sometimes one may think of the Doors or Steppenwolf. An unusual melting pot that should have provided to the band more recognition at the time but the critics were less than enthusiastic. It's time to rehabilate this underrated gem.


tilidom.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voilà un album qu'il me faut rapidement extraire des étagères!...Pas écouté depuis fort longtemps....trop longtemps....Le papier dans Xroads m'avait déjà interpellé.

THIAD

Anonymous said...

The singer is my uncle.