5/16/10

Madness - The Seven Missing Songs (2009)



Even if Madness is one of my fave band since 1980, The Liberty of Norton Folgate my fave last year album, and the concert at the Paris Zenith seen last friday one of the most fabulous I ever saw in my (long) life, I'm quite upset by their stupid choice to issue a shortened version of this album as the edit one (15 songs), the complete version (22 songs) being only available on a boxed set rather expensive and consisting in 3 CDs (one live) presently rather hard to find. Honestly, I consider the album to be the best of last year only when including the 22 songs. If only limited to the edit version, it's a exceptionally good album but it doesn't reach a cult status as in its complete version. So, here I allow Madness amateurs to enjoy the whole of it in posting the 7 missing songs. You'll see that some of them were worth to be in the edit version more than some of the chosen ones. In particular "Hunchback of Torriano" and "One Fine Day" are among their best. Enjoy them here.



In streaming, the superb "One Fine Day". Oh the life that we lived The life that we had Well, it wasn't all bad We had our ups We sure had our downs But before they bring on the clowns One fine day when all of this Just one fine day yes all of this Before they're dancing on our graves Let's spend the time and money that we'll never save I will reflect on that moment I remember the time When there was no reason, no rhyme And nobody knows What tomorrow will bring
So before the big fat ladies sing One fine day when all of this Just one fine day yes all of this 'Cause, it's the life that we've lived It's the life that we had Well my friends, tell me, was it all bad? We had our ups We sure had our downs But before they bring on the clowns One fine day when all of this Just one fine day yes all of this Before they're dancing on our graves Let's spend the time and money that we'll never save One fine day when all of this Just one fine day yes all of this... Is gone

tilidom.com



And below the 4 videos of the 4 singles driven from the album.







No comments: