6/19/15

Alternative TV - Peep Show (1987)



Another welcome re-up, some days before Mark Perry releases new material with his current ATV line-up. However, never forget how the band was great between 1985 and 1987 and how this album is an unknown treasure. Catch it here.

Don't know why it took me so long to post this LP I consider one of the best of the band. Reformed in 1985, this album was issued in 1987 following 2 EPs you can find here and there. It is really an album which stands proudly the test of time and as relevant today as it was 25 years ago. Mark Perry knows how to mix personal fixations and societal, even sociological, notations not forgetting a political one. He reminds me of JJ Rousseau and G Bataille actually. Not a small compliment I know but I sure love this guy. The version here is not the CD one with 6 bonus tracks (actually the 2 EPs) spread throughout the album, but the original vinyl one with 9 tracks. A much more coherent album this way since the band has quite evolved between the EPs and the LP. Don't know how the bosses of labels don't understand such simple things than keep the chronological order. Too complicated for their few neurons surely (although overground record is a damned good label). No matter, not a weak song on the setlist, classics follow classics (my fave is the fantastic "Boy Eats Girl" that I put in streaming after the more poppy "The River"), it was really a terribly disaster year 1987 not to have welcomed this true masterpiece the way it deserved. And buy it next, I suppose some money can still reach Mark Perry wherever he is. Love to him from an eternal fan.



tilidom.com

tilidom.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please re-up this one? thanks!

dkelvin said...

Yes' I'll do it very soon (my connection is so slow in my new place that I can't promise a short delay as I used to do before)
dk

dkelvin said...

Yes' I'll do it very soon (my connection is so slow in my new place that I can't promise a short delay as I used to do before)
dk