9/26/10

Pale Roses - Sol Invictus / Heroes' Dawn fake 7" (2010)



Pale Roses is the neo-folk side-project of the singer-lyricist of Modern Funeral Art (see here). His new album is just out and if you like the late Simon Finn (there) or Dave Cousins' Strawbs (no link to put for Strawbs since I've been asked to remove them all or the blog was closed), you must not miss this gem. Based primary on stories of 1st world war (I've been obsessed by this me too 20 years ago, but now I must say I don't care much), there's a melancholic and ghostly climax that takes you by the hand like death will do one day. I chose 2 songs but I could have chosen others. Just that I thought that these 2 would have made a superb single if we lived as we used to live, in times where talent is given its place whereas rubbish only is given the one. Enjoy it here and then go to buy this great LP there.

tilidom file storage



tilidom file storage

No comments: