7/25/15

Alternative TV - Best Wishes 7" (1991)



My request has been heard, Mark Perry recorded a new studio album, and it's great, my critic (in French) here. So here I satisfy a visitor's request in re-uping this single. Didn't find a better ripped version. And I don't have the material to improve the sound. So here it is.

Since the great Mark Perry posted the cover sleeve today on his facebook page, it's an opportunity to reup this lovely single. The link was not dead so it's really just a reup for pleasure to put ATV back on the top of this blog. And another good news is that the band will be back on stage in Brighton on the 21st of February. One of the best news of this raising year. Do another LP Mark please, it's one of my best wish.

Recorded 1 year after the lo-key Sol EP (to be posted one day) and 3 years before My Life As A Child Star LP (here), this is actually a split single for Mark Perry, sharing the single with James Kyllo, the second member of the new-look ATV. The Mark Perry song is a fine one although the production has too much echo and the drums are a little bit too loud. But it's impossible for me to be severe with a Mark Perry song. The Kyllo one is not bad but of course I would have liked better at the times (news of him being rare in these years) that he would have offered both songs. I don't think these have been put on CD and neither on any compilation so this is one more rare ripped from my vinyl.



tilidom file storage

8 comments:

BonBon said...

So many thanx for these Alternative TV treasures!Thank you very much for sharing!

dkelvin said...

Thx. I got the Demon Love LP to post too but it's a vinyl ripoff I got to do and I' m a bit lazy on that.
dk

Danny C. said...

Can you re-up this on mega?

musicyoucan said...

Merci beaucoup. Cela m'a permis d'avoir l'url de Brazil 3.0 avec plein d'article intéressants, comme notamment celui de l'interview de Gary Brooker, l'ame de Procol Harum. Merci pour ce rayon de soleil sur un Paris humide.

legless said...

could you please re-up all alternative tv please, thanks in anticipation

dkelvin said...

Strange request. Which one? I have re-up a lot of ATV material. Some is still missing but do you have more specific request?
dk

legless said...

Sorry, my mistake

DJ Stix said...

Thanks so much for uploading these great ATV tracks. Most appreciated indeed :)