6/6/15

Patto - (The incomplete) BBC Sessions (1970-73)




Since it has been requested that I re-up the other Patto's stuff, I do it with pleasure. Here's the first.

Another Patto compilation of rarities (at least I think so): a sample of BBC sessions recorded by the band between 1970 and 1973. Unfortunately they're far from being exhaustive and moreover far from being prime sound quality but it's worth having it I think. And the last one (from 12/02/1973) is complete and good sound quality. Listening to this today shows how this band was fascinating, exciting but also boring in his way of complicating songs that would have needed more simplicity (the Ollie Halsall fault I suppose). No matter, the cocktail is sapid and interesting enough to make me get back again and again to them. Surely because with this band you never know where the song will go one second later and that you're still surprised each time. They couldn't have been massively successful but they could have a loyal following and go on some more years. The next attempt to break, with Boxer, was no more successful commercially, and much less satisfying musically. So enjoy this sonor testimony here. The cover sleeve is from a couple of contempory German artists called Abetz & Dresher. Their imagery is totally relevant with Patto's universe I think. More on them here.






5 comments:

Miles said...

while browsing around your site, i stumbled on your patto shares and gosh, you've reminded me of how much i liked this band. i have all of their studio material, but have never heard the live or bbc sessions. thanks for correcting that.

Christian Perla said...

Thanks, but I've got it. Do not repost it for me only. Good cover... Thanks a lot.

Jassa said...

I'm sorry but teh links seems to be dead. Treid several times but it says it's takes too long time to open page. Any repost?
Regards Jassa

dkelvin said...

No the link is OK. I just tested it. Don't know why it doesn't work for you. Try from another computer.
dk

dkelvin said...

No the link is OK. I just tested it. Don't know why it doesn't work for you. Try from another computer.
dk