5/8/11

The Saints - This Perfect Day EP (1977)


I listen a lot to The Saints these days. Bought the new edition of All Times Through Paradise and it's a source of pleasure to have all these gems again in my everyday life. Here the follow-up to "I'm Stranded", almost equivalent in genius, in its single version, rather different of the LP version that'll be included in the Eternally Yours LP some months later. And the lyrics are as relevant today as they were 34 years ago (an eternity and it seems yesterday, strange how life is). Moreover, on the B-side of the single was a non-album track, "L.I.E.S." And a 12" EP version was released with another track, "Do The Robot". Here the 3 of them. Enjoy this testimony of how wild and cyclonic rock can be when it's played by young Australians totally masters of their thing. And below 2 fantastic visual documents of the band miming or playing this song, that just failed to be a major hit because of stupid problems of label.



This Perfect Day. Don't talk to me about what's been done nothing has changed it all goes on & they'll keep laughing till the end I've seen them drive around in cars all look the same get drunk in bars & don't talk back we got no social rights This perfect day what more to say I don't need no one to tell me what I allready know We got no high times always flat if you go out you don't come back it's all so funny I can't laugh This perfect day etc etc...


4 comments:

ranxerox said...

what a band!!

dk said...

Oh yes, not a less impressive today that it was at that time. No many in this case.
dk

Anonymous said...

This blog is FULL of treasures!!
Thankyou.
Thankyou.

dkelvin said...

I try my best
dk