6/19/11

St... - Forever / Another Day 7" (1970)


Sorry, I'm quite obessed by Strawbs these days. So the content of this blog is rather repetitive with Melanie alternating with Strawbs. Here is a single released in July 1970, some months after the Dragonfly LP, and which had a non-LP song on the A-side. A splendid Dave Cousins composition called "Forever", showing the romantic (the poor guy had surely suffered to be this way) side of the composer. This would have deserved to be a hit but was not. The B-side is a LP song ("Another Day"), not a very great one sung by Tony Hooper but composed by Cousins. It is to note that in some countries such as Italy, the single was released much later with a different B-side, "Fingertips", from the next band LP "Just A Collection Of Antoques And Curios". Since the UK version of the single had no real cover sleeve, I did one with a fine painting from Carolus Duran, a XIXth century French painter. A fine illustration of the lyrics I think. Enjoy this little jewel here or there.


Forever. Blue skies above me I've someone to love me To take good care of me Forever. Through all that time can send We'll make it to the end Just you and me my friend Forever. Oh weeping willow Please share my pillow So that the clouds will billow Forever. And I don't have to bend We'll make it to the end Just you and me my friend Forever. The gypsy woman Who sold me her heather She told me its good luck Would last me Forever. We've got our lives to spend We'll make it to the end Just you and me my friend Forever. Through all that time can send We'll make it to the end Just you and me my friend Forever.



No comments: