5/23/15

John Cale - The 1975 John Peel Session (1975)


Third and last re-up for tonight. I think there's no one missing. I'll try to up some new Cale's stuff in the future. Catch it here (sorry I had forgotten to post the link).

After the end of the Slow Dazzle sessions and 2 onths prior to its release, John Cale was invited with his band (featuring the great Chris Spedding) to record a session for the great John Peel (3 great guys in the same place). The session has never been properly released (except "Fear..." on Kats Caravan - The History of John Peel on the Radio in 2009) and here it's only the bootleg version. Not too bad sound but not the one you'd expect from an official recording. In this session, John Cale seems quite calm and far from the extreme behavior and singing mode he will adopt during the year, culminating in Orange (France) in August (I was there) when he left his band on stage and quit for who know where. But the version of "You Know More Than I Know" is quite gorgeous. And on "Fear", he's mad as we love it (listen to the final scream and tell me what your spine makes to you). So, a rare testimony of what sounded the John Cale band at their beginnings, before they were experimented enough to explore more intense ways. The cover sleeve is my responsability.




Standing waiting for a man to show Wide eyed one eye fixed on the door This waiting's killing me, it's wearing me down Day in day out, my feet are burning holes in the ground Darkness warmer than a bedroom floor Want someone to hold me close forever more I'm a sleeping dog, but you can't tell When I'm on the prowl you'd better run like hell You know it makes sense, don't even think about it Life and death are just things you do when you're bored Say fear's a man's best friend You add it up it brings you down Home is living like a man on the run Trails leading nowhere, where to my son? We're already dead, just not yet in the ground Take my helping hand I'll show you around You know it makes sense, don't even think about it Life and death are just things you do when you're bored Say fear's a man's best friend You add it up it brings you down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, but I don't see the download link!