12/13/11

Family - Today / Song For Lots 7" (1970)



In April 1970, while the band was intensively touring, they released this non-album 2 songs single that will fail to capitalize on their growing live notoriety. Honestly, it's not a great lot and it's hard to understand the excitation for this band if one judges only by this single (that did not chart). Since I post here the band's singles in their temooral order, this one had to be posted but it's true it's a weak link. Try it here. The only cover sleeve I found (on the Bandstand site entirely consacred to the band) show the B-side "Song For Lots" as the A-side but it was not the case in UK.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's another little contribution:
www.megaupload.com/?d=C69WAJYJ
(no pass)
('Thanx to the anonymous visitor who sent me a link' - for john cale's animal justice ep)
enjoying your blog
keep up the good work!

dkelvin said...

You guessed that it was my next post and you're right. Thx a (song for) lot(s). Moreover, Strange Band is one of my fave Family songs. I'm glad to have this cover sleeve. However, I have all the family songs I guess.
dk

Anonymous said...

this version of strange band is the studio version - different from the live recording on 'anyway'
and the best thing: this version of the weavers answer. far superior to the album version on 'entertainment'
but perhaps you already knew that...

dkelvin said...

Yes, I had the studio version of Strange Band on a compilation. For Weavers Answer, I'll listen to it but I thought the single version was the Old Songs New Songs LP version.
Thx anyway
dk