1/19/12

Family - Boom Bang / Stop This Car 7" (1973)



In April 1973, the band had Tony Ashton on keyboards and Jim Gregan on bass and released their first single in this formation, the great and underrated "Boom Bang", a song in line with Alice Cooper's "Hello Hooray", T. Rex's "Metal Guru" or Roy Wood Wizzard's "This is the story of my Love". Saturated with horns and screams, it's a Spector's influenced song such as there were several between 1972 and 1974 (and not so much since then). This is with this song I went back to the band after leaving them after Anyway. Sad it was not a Hit and not even entered the Charts. The B-side was not on the future album and can be found only rarely on CD. A "Ronnie Lane goed country" style that shows the evolution the band was taken with Ashton now in. Not one of their best but interesting anyway. Enjoy it here.



Sick and tired, all hay-wired, fever that's for sure
Moon, lune girl erection for a cure
Boom bang, shotgun man
I said I feel as if I'm dead
Cos I got those TV nudes
Running through my head
Scratch scratch, old Tom cat
Screaming every night
He's going round smelling every one-eyed she-cat in sight
Full grown, big yellow moon
Excite me awful bad
But it make all the girls come running
Cause they like it mad
Sick and tired, all hay-wired, fever that's for sure
Moon, lune girl erection for a cure
Wang dang, pocket man
Couldn't even raise a thought
So while passing he would flash till he got caught
Horned toad, rooster crow
But it all add up to just one thing
When the men specie get hot
Then they sure do sing
Boom bang, shotgun man
I said I feel as if I'm dead
Cos I got those TV nudes
Running through my head

No comments: