8/21/15

Family - Live at the Paris Theatre (1973)



Fine that a FSvisitor asked me to re-up some Family material since I tend to forget this band in my re-up process. So here to begin the Live in Paris Theatre (actually not in Paris but in London). I give details below so I won't write too much useless words. Except catch it here, it's a stunning set. More Family to come soon but I can't tell exactly when.

This concert was recorded by the BBC in January 1973 during a set at the Paris Theatre. It was the beginning of the Mk VII line-up of the band, with Tony Ashton on keyboards. Any usual Family fan can be surprised when listening to this concert. When they are electric, they sound like Procol Harum due to the organ of Tony Ashton, and when they are accoustic, they sound like the Faces (Ronnie Lane's ones). Of course, with Roger Chapman, they still sound like Family. The group is tight and compact and is no more this experimental semi-prog outfit. The concert was done some days after their sublime "My Friend The Sun" single (unfortunately not a hit). If there's a problem in this concert recording, it's this stupid idea to add fake audience shouting and clapping, always the same between all songs, and this is really unpleasant. 








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please will you re-up this and all the singles on Rapidshare.

Thank you

dkelvin said...

Yes, sure, tomorrow I'll try.
dk

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Can you re-up all of these family items all but the first couple are dead links.

Thanks

dkelvin said...

This one works.
dk

peter said...

All your Family posts are on RS, now a part of history unfortunately. Any chance of re-upping some elsewhere?

dkelvin said...

OK, I'll reup on M asap
dk

llorc said...

Sorry, the Family Link is incorrect
please check it!

llorc

dkelvin said...

Oh shit. Sorry I'll fix it tonight
dk

llorc said...

@ dkelvin

thanks for good quality Family...

very nice !!!

llorc

Anonymous said...

This is BBC RADIO 1 LIVE IN CONCERT, with terrible crowd noise spoiling the recording. I was hoping for a "real deal".

dkelvin said...

If you had carefully read the text of the post, you would have not been disapointed since I advised the visitor there is fake applause and crowd on it. I don't think anyone has the real deal but if you find it let us know.
dk