10/26/13

Golden Earring - As & Bs (1970-76)



Strange that nobody ever asked me to reup this one, deleted with my mf account. Such an As & Bs compilation of this great band has never been officially issued to my knowledge so I would have imagined many would have required a fixed link but no. Actually, I just found today this self-made compilation was not on rs, thus I up it on it so that some of you can discover the fantastic collection of rock songs the band created during this decade. Note that their 2003 Millbrook USA album was a wonderful achievement but that the last one is less than mediocre. However, they surely are one of the most underrated classic rock band of history. Maybe cos' they are from Netherland. Find the links (the compilation is in 2 parts) at the bottom of the initial post.

I will repost for some bands the singles I posted individually together on As & Bs compilations in the further weeks. First because some of you may find a little tedious to dl it one by one (but you can work a little can't you?), second because rs is often not very kind with those who are not premium users, third because I fear to have rs or mf to face the same problem than mu one day (I must say that I'm quite sure it will occur and it's painful to imagine all my work being suddenly send to oblivion but I must be prepare for this to happen soon), and fourth because it gives me the opportunity to create a fake LP cover sleeve and I love that. So here are the 23 songs that this great band has offered (hum... sold actually) to us during their 6 years of peak period (even if they have done some good things later on). In the whole, I got my faves (see individual posts to know which ones, but you may not give a fuck and I understand that), but listening to it in the continuity shows how this band was to the level, and maybe a little higher, than most of the UK/US big rock bands of the times. Enjoy it here and there (in 2 parts)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your amazing blog. WOW. Thankyou for sharing this great music. !!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thank you for putting this all together. I'm looking forward to giving this a listen. Looking forward to you putting together the Jethro Tull & Mott/Ian Hunter singles together in the future.

deny lost said...

This blog is truly extraordinary in all aspects. goldirarolloverpros

Anonymous said...

Please re-up this ?? thanks!!!

jayzee2001 said...

+1 for a re-up, pretty please!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Jay

Bella and Holly said...

Another vote for re up
Thanks
Ian

dkelvin said...

OK. I'll do it soon
dk