5/12/12

Iron Worzel - s/t (2012)


This late weeks I begun to be quite desillusioned with what I heard in the doom-sludge-stoner style. Too much of similar gimmicks, not much credibility. But suddenly, Iron Worzel filled my room and it was clear there was something special coming here. The brutality of this band is totally stunning. It's sludge at its best. Imagine the best of EyeHateGod and UpsideDownCross with a bit of Acid Bath and even Brutal Truth or Obituary and you got the incredible sonor tempest that will drown your bitter suicidal mind better than any Mort Brutale and any other strong stuff made to stone you and get you out of this mess. What's incredible is that it's only a demo, free to dl (here) and without even a cover sleeve (usually, even for demos, bands try to propose a visual for a possible hard version of their virtual version). So I did one (sorry for the band if they don't like it) with a painting/picture I find absolutely fantastic and done by the great Ivan Sloyaev (here). I find it fits well with the music. This band deserves to find a label releasing this 6-track set fast that we can have a CD or vinyl version. One of the most ear-destructive band of the year. Enjoy it here.



Latest tracks by Iron Worzel

4 comments:

Jobe said...

I was just reading your comments on The Devils Blood post. Please Please don't close down. I know what a pain in the ass it is to keep going. But if it's any recourse through this site I have found some of the best music to come out in a long time. That Uncle Acid is one of the best albums to come out in a long time. So please I 'm grateful to all the hard work that goes into maintaining a blog. And this site is one of the best.

Jobe said...

Do you happen to have the first Graveyard CD. It's not available in the states

dkelvin said...

Thx for you kind comments. Actually, one thing that could make me close would be that mf or rs remove all my uploaded files. I don't think I would have the courage to upload them again elsewhere. And of course if I didn't take pleasure anymore to go on. For Graveyard, I have it of course in mp3 format but I don't like it very much actually (too stoner for me) so was not inclined to post it. And I'm always surprised to read that a record is not available somewhere since now, we can order a CD almost anywhere (I don't buy any CD elsewhere than on internet personally). dk

Jobe said...

Your right about being able to order that Graveyard CD. But I do like their second one, and just wanted to hear the first one before deciding if I want to buy it.