5/28/12

Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance - Don't Try 'N' Change My Mind - Well Well Hello (The Party) (1976)




















Ronnie Lane began 1976 with this song that honestly could have made it if the time was not at funk and disco, but here there was not even a slim chance. Companion of the wonderful One For The Road album (soon to be posted here cos' it's full of great forgotten songs), this single had a non-LP song on B-side. Not a bad one (very Beatles-influenced) so a reason more to consider this single as a good addition to the previous ones. Once again it's in flac so the quality is maximal. Enjoy it here. PS. Cover by my own since this single was again issued without any. I add the lyrics cos' it's a honest and interesting way to declare to your lover we have felt in love with someone else even if we don't know where and how all this will end.














Don't try to change my mind I ain't nobody I just been where I been And I seen what I seen Nothing more Don't try to change my mind I don't want no secrets The answers don't ask All the questions there are anymore One thing that I know Where she takes me That's where I'll go The answers don't ask All the questions there are anymore Don't try to change my mind It's just a story Just a stage, just a scene Just a dream in a dream nothing more I've seen her come and go She comes like sunshine She goes like snow Just a stage just a scene Just a dream in a dream nothing more One thing that I know Where she takes me That's where I'll go Don't try to change my mind When you come all alone And you go on your own Out that door

 













2 comments:

Miles said...

Thanks for sharing all the Ronnie Lane singles. A great talent.

Bernie Wilcox said...

Well, well hello is Ronnie's solo version of his Faces track from Nod's called Last Orders Please. Ronnie sings on it rather than Rod. A few of the lyrics gave been changed but it's basically about meeting an old flame at a dance hall.

"Hey, they're playing Tracks Of My Tears" which is the old Smokey Robinson song about lost love.

"I thought time was a healer, but I guess I was wrong"

Wonderful.