3/8/17

Nikki Sudden - Channel Steamer / Chelsea Embankment 7" (1982)




















I'll re-up Nikki Sudden stuff that is still unavailable cos' still on rs and not uploaded on M. Here the second single of NS under his own name (I'll re-up the first one tomorrow). More about it in the previous posts below. I find the A-side better than when I posted it the first time. Catch it here.

Another reup. This time because I added a high quality rip of the unissued B-side ("Chelsea Embankment", released on the 6-CD box The Boy From Nowhere). Not that it makes the song less weird and more pleasant to hear, but at least, it's a decent recorded version. What I wrote about this second Nikki Sudden single below.

This is what I call a good post. Not that the 2 songs of the second Nikki Sudden solo single are top ones, but because the version of "Chelsea Embankment" on the B-side is in no way the album version (which was on Bible Belt). It's a weird version played only by Nikki Sudden apparently in a pub or somewhere similar, with a first part backwards and a second part rather approximately sung and played. But anyway, it has, to my knowledge, never been released as bonus on any reissue (vinyl or CD) and therefore is a rarity that fits perfectly with the concept of this blog.  Ripped from a vinyl I found recently. The A-side is a post-punk song that had few chance to be noticed in 1982. Not bad but rather basic.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this, just downloaded it. Chelsea Embankment certainly is very different to any version I've heard before!

He's got a box set of unreleased material out soon on easyaction.co.uk if you haven't already heard, looks like it should be pretty good hopefully.

dkelvin said...

Yes I had sent an order to get it, but didn't look closely at the content, and I see that my rip version of Chelsea Embankment is on it !!!! So I'll reup it in a better audio quality when I'll get it. Finally, I was too optimistic thinking I posted a forgotten hidden treasure. dk

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Yeah £34.99!!!! 6 CD's etc, but still....

pb said...

Thanks for the hard work, my pal

warm greetings

kingpossum said...

Just the usual casual brilliance from the late Mr. Sudden. Many thanks for the post.

back to the oldies said...

thanks a lot for your good job, after the OO at paradiso, it will be my false birthday :)

thanks