1/25/15

Traffic - Live at Santa Monica Civic Auditorium (1972)

A rather weird contradiction is that I usually dislike so much long and never-ending tracks the seventies so often indulged in, but appreciate so much Man or Traffic live(who indulged in such tracks). I never tried to understand it. I only observe and note it, that's all. This live set from Traffic (in my fave line-up of the band) was captured in California for their Low Spark of High Heeled Boys album promotion tour. Actually, I'm not totally proud of me since this concert has been laid on video and released as a visual testimony (see below) but I think it's nice to have songs in audio formats to be listened to everywhere. So I created this fake sleeve for providing here this concert. There have been other bootlegs LPs of this concert under rather awful sleeves (and even the DVDs have quite ugly facings). Not a major adding today but a way to feature this great band on this blog. Catch it here.


5 comments:

Rochacrimson said...

Excellent and historic concert by Traffic in 1972!
Any chance to post the 2 concerts from Traffic in Winterland 1973?
Thank you!

dkelvin said...

I got them but with a rather poor quality sound so I'm not sure it's a good thing. Maybe there's a better source somewhere.
dk

Rochacrimson said...

Thank dkelvin for the advice!

dkelvin said...

I found a good quality source. I'll post it soon
dk

pipzing said...

dk
I love this show and lost my copy many many years ago. thanks so much for sharing.