10/9/15

Animals & Men - Don't Misbehave In The New Age / Machines (1979)



















Don't know much about this band except I saw them 2 years ago opening for Monochrome Set and I really loved their set (not monochrome at all). So I had a look to this band I had obviously missed in 1979 and found that they issued only a fist of singles. This is the first one and honestly it has aged quite well and could be released now without too much incongruity. So here it is. A mention to the way Susan Wells sings (or talks). They had reformed some years ago (the reason I saw them). I don't know if they'll release more new stuff but their 2013 To Live And Die In The West Country EP is a real gem everyone should have a listen to, specially their cover of the Charley Patton classic "Oh Death".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour DK,

Juste pour celles et ceux qui ont aimés ce single, une bonne compilation sortie en 2008 "Never bought, never sold" chez Mississippi Records. Singles et démos de 1978 à 1983, avec cette particularité que j'aime chez ce groupe, oui post punk mais avec cet emprunt parfois de riff blues qui ajoute à son charme...

Bien à toi

Xavier