10/7/16

The Soft Boys - I Wanna Destroy You / I'm An Old Pervert (Disco) (1980)





















The single that accompanied the great Underwater Moonlight LP. Not different from the LP version this song is fantastic, either for the melody, the riff or the lyrics. One of Soft Boys' highpoint for sure. Simple and efficient, sad it was not a hit. On the B-side, there was an alt. version of "Old Pervert", a song featuring on Underwater Moonlight. Entitled "(Disco)", it was actually louder and heavier than the album one. Weirdly, on the CD versions of Underwater Moonlight, it was this disco version that replaced the original album one. Even in the later reissues, under the supervision of Robyn Hitchcock, the mistake was not rectified. A reason why I think I'll post the original real version of the album with the real album version of "Old Pervert". Not that the song is totally memorable, but no reason that this B-side version is substitued to the actual one that was on the vinyl album. Catch it here.


I wanna destroy you I wanna destroy you I wanna destroy you I wanna destroy you I feel it coming on again Just like it did before They feed your pride with boredom And they lead you on to war The way you treat each other Really makes me feel ill Cause if you want to fight Then you're just dying to get killed I wanna destroy you I wanna destroy you A pox upon the media And everything you read They tell you your opinions And they're very good indeed I wanna destroy you And when I have destroyed you I'll come picking at your bone And you won't have a single atom left To call your own I wanna destroy you I wanna destroy you Wanna destroy you Wanna destroy you Wanna destroy you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your hard work and great taste.

I'm not a robot