2/2/17

Man - Peel Session (1974)



















So, now that Deke Leonard has left forever, the two leading heads of Man are no more. I thought I had some material to re-up but actually I had all re-up already. So I add a splendid John Peel sessions were the band, featuring 5 members including Micky Jones et Deke Leonard, recorded in October 1974, the same month they released Slow Motion (the reason I chose this typography on the did-it-myself cover sleeve). It's one of the strongest versions of the songs you can find but, of course, I do not know all of them. What is always surprising with this band is the fact that they do not belong to any category, or more wisely, they belong to several. Here, the late bridge is not far to be doom when other parts are progressive or other pre-americana. It's always unexpected, the reason it travelled through years so easily, although it's clear that it belongs to the seventies. I'm glad this blog allows many to discover such bands that would stay for happy few and elderly without this attempt to keep the flame alive. Catch it here. And so long to poor old Deke. Another victory for cancer, this fucking serial killer. Below, a Youtube capture of the session.


6 comments:

Hamster said...

Fond 70s memories of Man and Deke's own Iceberg. Many thanks for the Peel session. RIP Deke.

howlingwilf said...

Vintage Man for the collection, thank you. Now Deke's alongside Micky Jones once more. R.I.P.
Any more Man to be posted?

dkelvin said...

@Hamster. Thx for the nice comment
@Howlingwilf. Don't have new one except the official LPs but I'll try to find more.

Rochacrimson said...

RIP Deke...
Very difficult to find MAN boots...
Thank you dkelvin!

tyler-perry said...

thank you for all your fine work and for posting this great session

zappahead said...

Great Band...saw them many times in my homeland of Wales......and The Roundhouse in London of course.....love the start of Many are called....different tempo....but I like it....and them of course...RIP Micky...Deke...Clint and Phil..........cheers.