4/12/17

The Jacobites (Nikki Sudden & Dave Kusworth) - When The Rain Comes EP (1986)




















I've been out of blog activity some days due to holidays taken with my babe (now that I have one I can spend time with) but now I'm here again with this new Nikki Sudden stuff, the 5th single/EP of the series, but released under the Jacobites entity, without any name associated. Consisting entirely of songs that were not kept for the purposed double Robespierre's Velvet Basement (finally released in this format by Secretly Canadian in 2002), this is a stunningly good EP with no less than 6 songs on it. The title track is excellent, even if it's more than influenced by Hendrix's version of Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower". "Country Girl" is a wonderful Kusworth's song, and it's true that in this duo, we had the same pleasure to listen to his songs than to Sudden's ones, which was not a small challenge. I won't give a word for each of these songs but you'll see that they deserved not to be forgotten after all these years. Catch them here.




No comments: