5/19/17

Sparks - B. Sides and a A fake LP (1974-76)

I've always wished that the non-album songs that featured on the B. sides of Sparks singles during their Island years would be gathered on a mini-Lp to be listened to independantly of the associated album. So I did it myself. I'm aware that there are some differences between these songs (not leftovers of second quality but fantastic tuned and arranged tracks). For example, the strong and thick Muff Winwood production of the four formers is rather different from the more sophisticated but weaker Tony Visconti production of "Profile" and still more from the ugly production of the Holmes and Lesser on the two last songs, the latter belonging more to the next period (the Columbia one, although in the UK they were still on Island) than to the great Island one. No matter, I think it's good to have these underrated forgotten songs all together gathered. So catch them here. More Sparks to come.





No comments: